Sunday, August 17, 2014

What's in a blog name?

Generating a name for this little blogging endeavor proved to be a difficult task. I like to think I'm a pretty creative person, but I was having a terrible time coming up with a winner. I needed something that was generic enough to encompass all the topics I'd like to post about but still somewhat specific to me and my personality.

A little back story on how we got here...

My husband and I have been married for just over one year but together for about six years. We met in June 2008 on a study abroad program through Manchester Business School in England. Five weeks later we had visited Prague, Barcelona, Toulouse, Paris, London, Dublin and back to Manchester. Afterwards, we returned to the States, Dan to complete his Master's degree at University of Illinois and me to attempt to put my University of Florida Master's degree to work back in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Fast forward a year and a half of emails, texts, phone calls and frequent flyer miles, I moved to San Francisco to be with Dan. He had started working there six months before and I knew that I would have to be the one to relocate if we wanted to be together long term. In July 2012, we went to Antigua to celebrate our "anniversary" and the first night of the trip, Dan proposed. Almost exactly one year later, we got married at Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa, CA.


Now we're getting to the name of this blog. We asked a good friend to be the officiant, which also allowed us the freedom to pretty much write our entire ceremony from scratch. We wanted the mood to be loose and carefree, so we started off with a light-hearted quote from Dr. Seuss: "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." The goal for this blog is to document our adventures in life together, some on a day-to-day routine level like recipes, health, fitness, but also on a higher level as we travel and explore new things together. Essentially, I hope to use this as an outlet to record the "growth of our mutual weirdness" and hope you enjoy coming along for the ride.

So there you have it. That is how we came to be here today with this name and these goals. The first post for this blog is now complete. HIGH FIVE!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! Your mom told me about your blog, and I'm so glad she did. It will be so much fun to follow along in your new adventures. Stay safe and happy! Love, Kathy Mader

    ReplyDelete